Nickel, in the Heart of Kambalda
The Company is a mineral resource exploration company which, upon listing, will own a prospective Western Australian project with a focus on nickel and gold mineralisation. The Company’s primary aim is to become the owner of sufficient nickel Mineral Resources, via discovery and development, to be a key player in the resurgence of the nickel sector in the medium term.
The Project area is located 70 km south-southeast of Kalgoorlie within the Kambalda Nickel District, Eastern Goldfields, Western Australia. Exploration and mining in the region has been occurring since 1896, prior to the town of Kambalda being gazetted in December 1897. Post World War II, the area was extensively explored and mined by Western Mining Corporation before the sale of the Project area to Gold Fields Limited in December 2001.
The Project area is approximately 23 km2 comprising 19 contiguous mining tenements and surrounded by the tenements held by major shareholder, St Ives. The Project area can be accessed via well-established mine road infrastructure and lake causeway from the Kambalda township located 19 km to the north. The BHP Ltd, Nickel West nickel concentrator plant on the north side of Lake Lefroy is only 20km away.
The Kambalda Nickel Project has a JORC Mineral Resource estimate compiled in accordance with the JORC 2012 guidelines of 1.24 Mt @ 3.2% Ni (Indicated 0.7465Mt @ 3.6% Ni and Inferred 0.491Mt @ 2.4% Ni) for a total of 39,000 tonnes of nickel metal.